10J/ Verifiable Web Forms
Verifiable Web Forms
Session Convener: Shigeya Suzuki
Tags / links to resources / technology discussed, related to this session:
Initial Proposal: https://shigeya.github.io/verifiable-web-forms/
Abstract: This document proposes Verifiable Web Forms -- a new way to provide Verifiable Credentials to Web Browser via Clipboard. By using Verifiable Web Forms, users can provide third-party verified data with standard user interfaces without typing. The data is also verifiable on the server-side too.
Discussion notes, key understandings, outstanding questions, observations, and, if appropriate to this discussion: action items, next steps:
The above document is just an initial memorandum created by Shigeya. No implementations yet. Plan to implement.
- Where to incubate this? W3C CCG?
- There are similarities with auto-fill / auto-complete functions, or password managers from the user interface point of view.
- How far it can be implemented without any help from browsers, as polyfills.
- To see that, implementing the concept is the fastest way.
- We can use similar techniques to verify any form of “input” data.
- We could share the potential of the technique.
- Shigeya will implement it himself or ask somebody to do it. Communicate with other attendees on findings.