8I/ We ran a survey for SSI vendors: Find out what we found!
We ran a survey for SSI vendors: Find out what we found!
Session Convener: Fraser Edwards
Notes-taker(s): Fraser Edwards
Tags / links to resources / technology discussed, related to this session:
Discussion notes, key understandings, outstanding questions, observations, and, if appropriate to this discussion: action items, next steps:
- Session used the blog published above as the base material
- The blog also references the underlying data we collected
- Who participated:
- Participation was anonymous but cohort came from existing cheqd partners which should be easy to find on the website / cheqd materials
- Should we just move to OIDC SIOP over DIDcomm?
- Largely down to requirements / functionality required. OIDC SIOP appears to be seeing adoption due to potential to make adoption for relying parties easier but it ultimately comes down to requirements / functionality
- What are the equivalent 5 blockers or enablers for web3 / crypto adoption?
- Awareness, web3 / crypto is not aware enough right now
- Easier development experience, reason NFTs are seeing adoption is ease of creation
- Right use-cases to drive viral adoption
- Only hit 3
- Is the data available?
- Yes, please see the blog posts
- Did certain countries or industries use specific libraries or protocols?
- I don’t believe we have this but we plan to run the questionnaire again so can include questions like this if there is demand