Certifying Use Location for Politics Governance
Issue/Topic: Certifying Use Location for Politics Governance (T2A)
Convener: Britt Blaser and Lucas Cioffi
Notes-taker(s): Lucas Cioffi
Tags for the session - technology discussed/ideas considered:
Discussion notes, key understandings, outstanding questions, observations, and, if appropriate to this discussion: action items, next steps:
- There is a difference between constituents and voters in politicians' minds.
- Citizens certified from a location can gain much more attention from a politician than if they are not.
- Advocacy groups want to certify that their members are in a politician's district so they can be heard better.
- Alcatel Lucent provides a way to certify a mobile phone's location
- Trufina has a way to verify a person's identity including their address
- NewGov uses credit card billing address to certify a user's address.
- There would be a need to certify location for each way that citizens contact their representatives, including mobile phones, email, faxes, and land line telephones.