Intro to PDS
Issue/Topic: Intro to Personal Data Storage
Session: Tuesday 1A
Convener: Drummond Reed & Paul Trevithick
Notes-taker(s): Joe Andrieu
- Personal Data Store
- Personal Data Service
- PDS Ecosystem
- Personal Data Spectrum
Input for a wikipedia article
A place for my stuff
Could be a store for personal data
Could be data store controlled personally (initial VRM usage)
- Controlled by person (required?)
- Virtually distributed
- Seamless permissioned access (sharing)
- Can be provided by a service provider
- Data is extractable and semantically distinguished
- Sharing of Electronic Health Care Records
- Sharing of photos
- sharing of address books/contacts
Must distinguish between
- a store of personal data (database or file)
Who owns that transaction?
Who owns the data?
Ultimately its about how we give individuals control.
"Our" data /is/ distributed. That's fact. We have different levels of control and rights over that data.
What we are talking about is a layer of control.
Perhaps we need a totally new word.
Joe: If you can share from it, it's a personal data store.