Personal Data Store/Archive
Personal Data Store/Archive (T4C)
Convener: Terrell Russell
Notes-taker(s): Barbara Bowen
Personal Data Stores exchange and aggregate attributes with persistent systems and terms of service. Realigns difficult questions around privacy and consent.
- Vendor neutral packaging
- Structural leverage with portable data and rights through link contracts.
- Profiles, facets, and roles are established within a container.
- Groups create context.
- Authentication with an attribute store.
- Aggregation and merging of data from several sources is a problem which requires relying providers.
Platforms and Examples:
- XRI is a standardized graph model that establishes structure and context through dictionaries.
- Inames are identifiers that are a format for the construction of privacy.
- The Mine project and XDI examples.
- Telcos may offer data stores with replication in the cloud.